Tuesday, April 02 2019
Choosing the correct contractor is one of the most important choices you will ever make. It could mean the difference between a great home improvement and disaster and damage to your home, not to mention the amount of money you'd be losing. There are several steps you should take to ensure you make the best choice possible.
1. Check the Better Business Bureau and Better Contractors Bureau for any customer complaints and if there are some how were they handled.
2. Check the internet and see what Google has to say about the company. You may get some very valuable information.
3. Check for a website. This will help to tell you if the company is legit.
4.Ask for verification of liability and workers compensation. Without these insurances you would be left holding the bag for damages incurred or injuries on the job site.
5. Don't give a down payment!!!!!!! If a company asks for a down payment then run. Unless your job is over 30k or higher the company should be stable enough to fund your job.
6. The lowest price doesn't always mean the best job. Price is a consideration for all of us these days. As long as the company passes all the tests above, pay a little more if you have to.
7. Ask for references.
Doing a little homework will enable you to make an informed choice.